Friday, July 22, 2016

Ghostbusters (2016)

I will go into this review by fully admitting the truth about these four actresses. They all make me laugh. I think they are very talented so I expect a lot from this remake or better yet, a reimagining of the characters and situations that we fell in love with all those years ago. If Bill Murray doesn't want to make a sequel then why not someone else?Yes, having four women is the hook but it's a hook that totally works in this case. I had a great time at the movie.

Kinda glad they got to keep the old theme music which this movie has earned the right to do now that I have seen it.

An Ed Begley cameo?? That is movie GOLD! I thought he was dead. The gags come at your fast and it's fun to be along on another ghost hunting adventure. Oh and I loved every other cameo they included. It all validates the movie as a true successor to the original.

The humor is fantastic and so are the updated special effects. The kick ass final battle was great and I laughed out loud many times throughout. Each of the ladies get their own chance to shine and the story moves at a great clip. Even stupid but hunky Chris Hemsworth is good for a laugh or two.


I have to have these figures in my collection because I love girl action figures the most.



Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good to hear that this gets the Cave of Cool Seal of Approval. I'm looking forward to it too!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I liked it. I laughed. The effects were good. I liked all the cameos and I could watch another one of these. After all the bitching everyone did about it being made, it didn't end the world.