Saturday, July 30, 2016

Preacher (Episode 9)

 
Why did we have to see a repeat of everything the Saint of Killers went through? I got his suffering from the first time just as much as I got it the 24th time. I hated these scenes and how there were filmed but THEN I got it. This is why Hell sucks. You just get to relive your worst day over and over again. How could I possible choose just one?? And here I thought that life on Earth was the hell and the trick was to get yourself out of the jackpot by not being an asshole in your life. But damn Hell is also a cathartic place. I liked watched that evil town getting it's ass kicked over and over again. So why can't that be heaven. Revenge would be sweet to the Saint of Killers. It would justify his suffering while relieving his suffering all at the same time. I found it to be very effective storytelling.



Preacher is like the anti Hell on Wheels. I don't have to like these terrible people (what the hell did Tulip do to that guy Carlos with a meat tenderizer??) I won't miss the Mayor and I LOVE that the character that really did him in is hardly the most evil character on the show. She might be the sweetest character but she saw a way out of her troubles and took it without an ounce of regret or guilt. Cassidy being an actual FUCKING VAMPIRE didn't phase her one bit. She saw an opportunity to relieve an annoyance AND save the bunnies so she took it. Go Preacher Go!

I have to also say that I loved that man love moment between Cassidy and Jessie. In a sick way they bonded over the length of time one let the other burn in the sunlight. These two need each other to be better men which again is genius. They are totally irredeemable characters who I love watching try to do better. It's not all sweetness and light on the road to redemption but the end result is worth all the crap you have to go through.

This weekend will be awesome as Sunday morning arrives. Jessie has the Radio to God so SOMEONE sitting on his fat ass is going to hear from his biggest nightmare. Jessie Custer is coming and Hell is coming with him.

It's not for everyone but damn, Preacher is a hell of a great piece of television. This is one I wish I could share with my mother but it would make her head explode.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I haven't checked tumblr but there MUST be Cassidy/Jessie slash fic there by now, LOL!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thanks for reminding me of something else I didn't need to know.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hahahahahaha, I just like to make you squirm with embarrassment every once in awhile.

jester59388 said...

The last two episodes have been great! I loved "GOD"!! I knew what was coming and it was still so fun!! And now they are on the Road and that means GRANDMA is just around the corner! Oh my, this is gonna be SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!! Next season can't get here soon enough!!!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I hear you. And you SEE, TEN episodes is enough to tell a great chapter in a longer story. Who needs 22 episode seasons with nothing but filler. I am addicted to minis like this. This means there will be a season two which will be even more gonzo with the Saint of Killers on the hunt.