Tuesday, December 6, 2016

My Poor Sad Kitty - I Blame Myself - I Am Incapable Of Being Loved, Even By A Rescue Cat

 
I have a cat. I named him Wellington because I thought he looked like a Wellington. I have tried very hard to make this cat feel safe and at home. He gets lots of food and water and attention and someone to help him get up and down the stairs because he has a bum leg and hip. He has no front claws. I think he is sick and when that happened his asshole ex-owners give this poor boy the boot. He's like my little Christmas Match Girl and I have to try to help him to see if I still have a soul.

I have been bringing him up on my bed while I am on the computer and giving him some love. I make him lie on the big diaper pad in case he lets one go and after an hour of that non-stop attention, I turn my back on him for a second when I took my hand off of him and he has to go and pee on the paper I was reading. But that soaked two blankets and the great foam thingie I love so much but didn't reach the mattress. Now I have to sleep like I am on some kind of indoor camp out which some ratty old blankets I could scrounge from the basement. Who knows what kind of hanta virus lives in those. Or are they from the smallpox outbreak awhile back?? I can't remember and mom was never good at labelling thing very well, even if she used tubs for storage.

I know there are some of you who will feel pleased with my woes over this cat and his hatred of me. This cat will take my attention and love and then pee on my stuff. I don't care if it's how he shows affection or fear or if he is just mental. Please make it stop. Have him act like a regular cat. Have him sleep on a rug and not a hard floor which he NEVER pees on. No, has to be something I have touched that get's his gift of sterile urine. Well at least I know how to get him a clean sample for the vet and the vet he is off too and maybe a cat behaviorist with a radical concept that has the cat sign an agreement NOT to pee on my bed or my stuff ever again. Then I will treat him as he is PRINCE OF CATS which any cat who I have raised knows, is a pretty sweet deal. Ask any of them at the Rainbow Bridge. They give me nothing but the highest marks as a cat owner.

 
It's not a caption.
It's there to explain the photo and what it represents.
 

4 comments:

GOODSTUFF said...

I pee on the Dude's stuff because he is my human

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The peeing thing is indeed distressing. I don't know if I could handle it.

DrGoat said...

My thoughts are with ya Cal.

jester59388 said...

As I've said before, I've experienced the peeing thing with every one of my cats (one even took a dump on my bed). It's why I no longer have cats. I later read somewhere that this behaviour could be related to a bladder infection. I have no idea if that is true, but it's worth investigating.

Of course, if the paper he peed on was the National Enquirer or the Weekly World News, he COULD also just be expressing an opinion .....