Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Big CW Superhero Crossover - My Review


Supergirl - Episode Eight
 
Last week all four of the CW's superhero shows combined to tell one epic crossover tale that promised many heroes and evil villains and a story so big it couldn't be contained in only one show. Great idea. Now we shall see about the execution.


This show is so difficult to watch because everyone is so earnest. The music is bouncy and no one takes anything seriously, especially the producers. The show is lighter than a popcorn fart. The villains will never overcome Kara and her friends by the end of any story arc. Any disease will be cured by reverse engineering something else and the day ends with more sun than it began with. It just seems like it's for tweens and not adults. I find it all over acted like a junior high school production of Supergirl. Does that make any sense?? If this is what every episode is like then I am glad I don't make time in my week for this lost opportunity.

I hope that this is the first of the four part crossover or I will feel boned for watching this episode. The effects are not bad but the story is so underwritten and overdone. It took until the end of the episode to start this crossover. So technically it's a THREE part story not a four part one considering how little of the actually story takes place in the first 'chapter'.

Oh boy this is so junior. Supergirl asking Mon-el if he likes her while they play Monopoly in his prison. So quant. I think I want to barf. Everything is just made up science to advance the story and it's not even good science. Every problem will be solved by the end of the 42 minute run time.

Then Supergirl's sister reveals to HER Mother that she is a lesbian. This episode is just full of fun including the less sexual lesbian kiss in TV history. Why does everything have to be about big speeches and soaring music? I could never watch a full season of this drivel. That is just so much padding over 20+ episodes.

Everyone is always apologizing for the pain of everyone around them. DRIVEL!

Everyone fights as who they are despite it meaning their death against this alien killer virus. DRIVEL!

The evil mother of Lex Luthor and his adopted sister and their non-story - DRIVEL!

FIVE SECONDS OF THE BIG STORY ARC - I feel boned and not in the good way. Basically I got tricked into watched an episode of Supergirl that had NOTHING to do with the crossover. Tomorrow I will take on the FLASH part of this crossover if my rage subsides.

5 comments:

Chase March said...

Hey Calvin,

You are right, Supergirl is light and fluffy and the writing is a little lazy. I've been watching it all along though and enjoy it. I was a little disappointed that it was a regular episode last week. The crossover only happened in the last frame, kind of like those panels in comic books that try to get you to buy the next issue. It could have been done better, that's for sure.

But I did like the next three parts, so keep with it!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"I feel boned and not in the good way" -- still laughing at this line, Cal.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I wanted to like it more than I did. But off to Flash.

Rob R said...

Just finished watching... the LEGENDS episode has a funny Star Trek: The Next Generation reference when Felicity suffers linguistic disfunction!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

So I know there is at least ONE good moment coming.