Friday, November 17, 2017

Justice League 2017

 
I went into this one thinking that it would be a total train wreck but it turned out a lot better than I expected. Sure the special effects are done in darkness and I hate that with all these DC films. For once I would like to see a movie about heroes set in the daylight. I keep thinking back to that airport battle from Captain America - Civil War and how terrific it was to see all those heroes in action.

 
The effects are still pretty great when they aren't so frenetic as are the characters. Flash gets all the laughs and Wonder Woman is still as glorious as she was in her own movie. She is really the heart and soul of this picture. You can really tell what parts of this film was influenced by Joss Whedon. He does character interactions better than most and those are the best parts of the film. I don't know how bad the movie would have been without reshoots but it was sure helped by them. The film is totally watchable and there were even parts I smiled at. Go figure. Sometimes the critics are wrong. Wait until it goes to the dollar theatre if you are unsure.

 
 


5 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Most of the critic reviews I saw said it was "eh... okay". DC Movies are in such sorry shape that "OK" sounds like high praise.

I'm in no rush to board the hate train, but I'll wait until I can watch it in my own home where I'll likely be more forgiving

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It's really not as bad as everyone thinks it will be. I wanted to hate it but I just didn't. Each character gets their moment and it's not too much. The return of Superman is pretty cool and I didn't hate it. I wanted to hate it. I really did. Gal Gadot is the real deal. I never want to see her play any other role. TWO Wonder Woman performances in one year??? What the hell is up with The Matrix these days.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm going to go see it in the theatres just for Gal Gadot and Jason Momoa. Some things you NEED to see on a big screen.

Rob R said...

It was better than I expected it to be, but not as good as I wanted it to be... I sure would like to see a decent villain in one of these.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yeh. He was kinda pointless especially after seeing how great the bad girl was in Thor.