Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hawaiian Punch








Over at '70s Child' Joe did a post about Hawaiian Punch my all time favourite beverage. If I could I would replace my blood with Hawaiian Punch. If I was God it would rain Hawaiian Punch. There was nothing better than getting the large can of that stuff as a kid but it had to stay in the fridge for the right amount of time to reach the optimal temperature. Then that sweetest of sounds...using the can opener to pop two holes in the top. MMMMMM BOY. I need to start calling all the stores tomorrow just to see if they still bring this 'Jesus Juice' into Red Deer. I can just imagine a Hawaiian Punch slurpie. I gotta find me some now cause I can actually taste it in my sense memory. I even loved the old commercials where the little guy would punch the stupid guy in the head when he asked for a 'Hawaiian Punch'. I have not seen it around here forever so thanks Joe for making me crazy for something this week (well besides my Golden Compass Airship in the mail). Life is good.

http://70s-child.blogspot.com/2009/06/another-hawaiian-punch-ad-from-1969.html

4 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Hawaiian Punch is an awesome drink. I remember in the 90s, I think, when they had all the different colors, but they all tasted the same. What was tha all about? hahahaha

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

It's nectar I tell you. Sweet, sweet nectar.

joe said...

My folks wouldn't buy hawaiian punch. I'm still not over it.
Btw, I'd love it to rain Hawaiian punch too..

Treasures By Brenda said...

Funny, I did not remember having Hawaiian punch as a child until I read your post. Then I could sort of remember opening those cans...and I believe we may have had it. Thanks for that!

We're into making our own Hawaiian Punch now. If you're interested, you might like to look at my page, The Best-Ever Hawaiian Punch Recipe.

Brenda