Saturday, June 13, 2009

Its Always the Redheads


Was watching a concert vid about my favourite group GARBAGE and almost forgot how much I love my girl Shirley Manson (though Shirley is perhaps my least favourite girl name after Gretchen and Beatrice). I lament the passing of the 'Sarah Connor Chronicles' because a season three with Shirley's T-1000 in the future, mentoring a young John Connor, would have been epic. For most of the second season she seemed to be the villian but turned out to be heroic. I so wanted to see that storyline develop. She just has that 'something' that makes her irresistable to me. I hope she acts more and of course I want to see many albums from her and the band.








7 comments:

Wings1295 said...

She was very interesting on "Terminator". I didn't think I was gonna care for her, but she fit that role perfectly!

Cora said...

So why do men love redheads anyway, Cal? No-one has ever explained it to me. What's the bizarre allure?

See, I'm a redhead, and for years I wished I had long, straight, tame black hair. Women with black hair are so mysterious - especially when it kind of drapes over one eye.

But no. No, I have curly red hair which sticks up in all directions and never does what I want it to and guys LOVE it! I don't get it.... (not that I'm complaining!! ;-))

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Cora, I think its the mystique. Blonde and Brunettes are a dime a dozen but a woman that can pull of the red hair or comes by it naturally is unique...and that usually goes the same for her personality. And the combination can be irresistable. Just ask Scope. He will tell ya that they can keep all the other ones...he hit the jackpot.

Cora said...

*blush* GOOD ANSWER! :-)

Ricky Shambles said...

Nom nom nom.

I agree with Calvin - Unique and generally distinctive in personality, redheads don't tend to blend into the bland nearly as much as blondes or brunettes can. Somehow snagged one and married her myself. She's a keeper.

Chase March said...

Nooooo! They canceled The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I too was looking forward to Season 3. They tweaked the Terminator mythology just enough that it really worked for TV. I thought it had a few years left in it. Too bad.

Ricky Shambles said...

On the T:SCC - I'm going with the hope that someone will pick it up, at least in a post-series movie. The canon is so extensive, to leave a gap like that - between the second and third films - is going to be a brain-sore until it's filled.