Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Carlos Ezquerra - Part 1

These are some terrific identity cards by Carlos Ezquerra. They remind me of those old encyclopedias that I have that show soldiers from throughout time. The only thing missing is a key to identify the weapons, armour and clothing that was worn. But I will print these up so I can hang them on my classroom wall. I love to festoon my walls with interesting things like this. I have 'Time' magazine covers from before WWII to today that go all along the top of the room like a border. Here are the first five from Ezquerra's set. (click to enlarge) In case you didn't know he was responsible for creating the visual look of 'Judge Dredd' and I seem to remember him doing many DC horror comics such as House of Secrets and Weird War.






http://grantbridgestreet.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Mykal Banta said...

Cave of Coolness: Man, I love these. My favorite is the Medieval Knight, who is normally pictured in a chivalrous attitude, kneeling before the queen - that sort of thing. Here, he looks like a berserker from the Evil Empire! Most cool! -- Mykal