Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fastest Kitty EVER!


"Sarah, a cheetah at the Cincinnati Zoo, set a world record for the 100 meter dash today by covering the distance in 6.13 seconds. The event was held at Mast Farm, the zoo’s cheetah breeding facility. The race is a remote contest between Sarah and Zaza, a cheetah at Cheetah Outreach in South Africa. Zaza is expected to run her race later this month. To compare, the human world record is 9.58 seconds, held by Usain Bolt."

How cool is this? As far as the big cats go, cheetahs are the best. I mean you can be as fast as you want but if you don't have the skills to go with all that motion you are gonna be one hungry kitty. Its a thing of beauty to watch how everything comes together once they put the jets on and commit to a particular piece of prey. Yeh sure they then need to sleep 16 hours but Admiral Fluffy is on the same kind of a rest schedule, and trust me, he is not moving quick to get anywhere unless its to meow at me to open the can of food faster. I am just his bitch.

4 comments:

Mykal Banta said...

Calvin: Actually, my cat, Bad Jerome, can move that fast; but only for the purposes of leaping from behind the couch to scare the crap out of me. Admittedly, I doubt he could sustain this incredible speed over a 100 yard stretch, so props must go to the Cheetah. But, believe me, when pursuing his favorite game (scaring the crap out of me when I least expect it) Bad Jerome can attain supernatural speeds. -- Mykal

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

HA HA..very cool Mykal. But keeps you on your toes man.

Mykal Banta said...

Calvin: before I forget to tell you again, I have added your cave of cool to my "beloved Links" list on my blog. -- Mykal

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Quite the honor. Thanks brother.