Friday, September 4, 2009

Oh Yeh, Their Shit Was Tight!

I was working on a post of my top fifty songs and like usual 'You Tube' is wimping out and denying the embedded videos from some of my favorite artists. I put the stipulation that I would ONLY include a song in my top 50 IF and ONLY IF I could find the original video for it. Not a concert performance, not a slide show but the actual video that was released with the song. Since my musical advancement ended for all practical purposes in 1995 I was pretty much guaranteed a video to go with each of my choices. This song, however, has so far eluded my search but I post a concert performance here not only because its a wicked cool song but because there is nothing cooler than Rockabilly played by a three man combo who really had their musical shit together at the time. The double bass is such an underused and underrated instrument in this, its purest form

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Alright, alright... I guess there are SOME cats that are worthy. Heh

Unknown said...

Stray Cats rule.