Sunday, December 13, 2009

Clash Of The Titans Trailer 2 - WOW!



I know this is what I wrote in the comments section but it's worth reiterating on the main page. I am so not impressed with studio assholes who take away trailers that bloggers post. Who gets hurt by me posting your trailer? Free advertising is not a bad thing you goofs. All it takes is for one blogger to post a trailer and the next thing you know THOUSANDS of people are aware of and excited about your upcoming movie. You should have 1000 bloggers on your Rolodex and be ready to send them trailers and special 'web only' teasers the moment the advertising machine gears up to promote your film. Sites like mine attract the demographic you are seeking to capture on the film's opening weekend. It's poor business sense to ignore such a FREE avenue of publicity. I can still see the trailer whenever I choose to but now my readers have to go that one extra step if they too are interested in your movie. Thanks for leaving that sour taste in my mouth again. For sure I will not be paying the 52 dollars to see it when it comes to theatres. I will just download it off one of the popular bit torrent sites and leave you with the image of my extended middle finger as I watch it for FREE.

11 comments:

The Man-Cave said...

Cal - I am pretty excited to see this. Maybe it'll suck but I'm hoping for the best. These trailers are looking pretty awesome though. Thanks for posting this one.

Wings1295 said...

Video already removed! Doh!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Those bastards! I am so not impressed with studio assholes who take away trailers that bloggers post. Free advertising is not a bad thing you goofs. All it takes is for one blogger to post a trailer and the next thing you know THOUSANDS of people are aware of your upcoming movie.

The Man-Cave said...

WTF? Glad I saw it on your site when I did.

But like you said "free advertising" is not a bad thing at all. That doesn't make any sense but I guess its just big brother trying to flex his muscles.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Well Big Brother can kiss my ass also.

The Man-Cave said...

As well as mine. But he has to do the other cheek this time.

Booksteve said...

Was gone when I looked last night and now any interest I had has waned. Like you said, free advertising. It is (or was) a trailer, right? It's SUPPOSED to be advertising!

FilmFather said...

Okay, saw this second trailer elsewhere before stopping by, and I will say that my inner fanboy is starting to pay attention. I could just do without the lowest-common-denominator tagline (another lame-o just like the first trailer) and the metal-esque soundtrack (and I actually like metal). Otherwise, color me curious.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I agree with you FilmFather. I like the look of this one also and I really wanted to share my giddyness with everyone. The stinkin' studio just left me cold. For a guy that does great reviews you must have an opinion on the topic of removing trailers from blog sites.

FilmFather said...

Cal,

First off, thanks for saying I write great reviews. As I writer for a digital ad agency, my only guess as to why a company or movie studio would remove embedded trailers from blog sites boils down to one thing: site traffic. Those companies and studios must want more people coming to their sites to see the trailers, versus people going to blogs like yours or mine. I agree, it completely undermines any momentum or goodwill the studios build with potential ticket buyers. But do they really think we're going to seek out the trailer at their "official site" after the way they treat us by taking the trailers away from our blogs? We're doing them a friggin' favor by trying to spread interest about their movies!

Anyway, that's my $0.02.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Well put FilmFather. I guess we will just have to continue being small fish in a big pond.