Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanks Mr Chudobiak


If you remember being all creative with one of these then you are my people. You punk kids on my lawn have no idea how tough it was to keep hitting 'home row' correctly when you had to stretch your fingers so far out trying to make less than five mistakes on one of these manual beauties.

I learned on electric typewriters and if you were goofing around in class or if you were late you were put on one of these. Mr Chudobiak, who taught me over two years and who currently is the Devil's typing teacher gave me a gift of one of these at the end of the year with my medal for typing proficiency. He said it was because they were phasing them out and I would never be good enough to type on anything else. He and I both knew the real truth however.

He was a hard man and I would never admit this publicly but he actually was a great teacher who knew how to reach a stubborn punk goofball so he could properly acquire a skill that has served me more than most anything I ever learned how to do in my life. I was his greatest and proudest achievement. I am sure of it and I hope somewhere he knows that he has alot to do with my proficiency as a typist and the greatness that is my blog.

1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

This is why time travel needs to be invented! So when we grow up and want to go back and tell the people who did affect us in a good, positive way, we could.

:)