Monday, February 8, 2010

Want!


This is one thing I really hate about Calvin and Hobbes creator Bill Watterson. I can respect the desire not to over market your wondrous creation but that is also such a selfish thing to do. He could easily authorize a plush Calvin and Hobbes set like this one, have a quality company make it and donate the profits to really great causes that could always use the cash.

Of course I say that because I really want a pair of these. I can't think of a person who wouldn't want to put one of those Hobbes' in their first baby's cradle. Of course it will be many many years before their kid will actually GET the importance of Hobbes to a lot of this current group of living humans but so what.

2 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

When I was 11 there was a bookstore in Michigan that had a Hobbes skin rug. It was the most awesome thing I'd seen. I appreciate his integrity, but yeah I slightly resent it too.

Reading Bill Watterson's recent interview only reminded me how much I would like something like those plush toys.

Megan said...

I read the interview too. I wish I hadn't.