Monday, April 12, 2010

Confessions


I totally love the Statue of Liberty. No other statue totally sums up the spirit of a nation (maybe you should remember that sometimes) It's kooky and tacky to have one of these but I always wanted one for my desk. I have a Leaning Tower of Pisa made of marble for criminy sakes.





Okay, I am just going to say this. I hate the 'Wizard of Oz'. I hate the movie. I hate the munchkins. I hate the career they have made over two seconds of screen time. I hate the flying monkeys. I hate it all. But I LOVE any re-imaginings of the story or characters. How messed up is that?


These guys break my heart. How crappy would it be to be a tool and cannon fodder without an individual identity to call your own? Wouldn't you look around you and wonder why the hell you were doing the crap your programming basically was telling you to do? When that big 'switch' came and you had to kill your Jedi Generals would you feel remorse? Or would even that emotion be stripped from you in service of a greater evil? Fuck the Empire! I hate the Empire!


If I had this pug I would build him some armor like that armored bear in 'The Golden Compass' and turn him loose on the neighborhood. Doesn't he have that killer look?

4 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Wizard of Oz is a classic, man! I even read more of the books as a kid! Trivia: What is the Tin Man's real name, in Oz?

And yeah, the Flying Monkey still scare me!

Nathan said...

Being a big fan of the Oz books, I have to say that the MGM film kind of IS a re-imagining to my mind.

And the Tin Man's name is Nick Chopper (the first name being short for Niccolo, according to the stage play).

California Keys said...

How about 'The Wiz'? Any love for 'The Wiz'?

Nathan said...

The movie or the stage play?