Friday, September 10, 2010

Clothless Umbrella or Air Umbrella

An umbrella with no canopy! The barrier between you and the raindrops is just a sheet of steady air that is blown out by a hollow pipe.


I have ranted before about Dyson and the fantastic obsession he has with room fans and vacuum cleaners that rival my own. I don't ask for flying cars but I DO expect something to be invented in my lifetime (or improved upon) that makes it look to people from my birth year that I live in a more sophisticated age than the one I was born into. It will be so embarrassing if I go back in time and have nothing to show them or to save the day with like Michael J. Fox in 'Back to the Future'.


I have bitched many times that they create all kinds of stupid things that only prevent effort and resources from going into my $49.99 Walmart back pack jet pack but this one is kinda cool. I assume they have fixed the problem of keeping the water off me if it comes at me from an angle and not directly down from the sky. The only change I would make to this thing is give it a light saber sound effect upon starting.

2 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

what the hell? You are right, that's about one or two improvements from being one of the coolest inventions ever...

Budd said...

I bet the downtown Boston Winds could still turn it inside out.

This is really cool.