Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Resolution

I have always thought these were stupid but I always give myself ONE that will make me happy to fulfill. This year it was commissioning someone (whose art I loved) to do a header for my blog. In fact I got two that were more amazing than I ever had any right to expect.

Sure Becca and MD are professionals when working on a paid job but I can see in their work that whatever I am or whatever my blog is about - it just inspired them to do a truly epic job because it was for ME.

I am also blessed to have found another brother from a different mother in MD the digital wiz kid who put together the header you now see at the top of my site.

He took my various mad obsessions and gave me the visual steampunk identity I could have never created for myself (too many choices) by focusing my vision for me. That is a girt to me and energized Cave of Cool Inc to have an even better year next year.

How geat would it be to have an action figure based on MD's design of my steampunk identity? They need to make one so that everyone can agree that I am a beautiful man.

This year I want to find my very own Luchador Mask. Seeing this display would invoke both a wetting and a pooping of the pants. Wish me luck. If anyone knows of a great sight to purchase these online let me know.


I want to find something that is uniquely me, especially after seeing Samurai Frog post this pic on tumblr. He so OWNS this look and it reminded me that I NEED a mask of my own that is perfect for me. Thus it became this year's resolution.



NOTE - You can see Becca's awesome piece on the bar to the right but I need you to see that larger version. The detail and references can only fully be appreciated this way. When I find a larger image I will come back and post it here.

3 comments:

Marnie said...

Happy 2011. I hope you have an amazing year. xo

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

God I hope so too and I wish that for you as well.

M. D. Jackson said...

My goodness! Thanks for the kind words and the linkback, my brother! What can I say, your blog inspired me in a way that few things do. You're one of the good ones!

Happy New Year and all the best for 2011!