Saturday, January 1, 2011

Amazing Superhero Cosplay







I have to attend one of these conventions soon. How do I maintain my geek street cred otherwise? When I read that brother Mike over at Cultural Compulsive Disorder scored press passes to such an large event, I have got that stuck on my brain.

I have to find out how one applies for that. Maybe the exotic foreign nature of my blog will excite the organizers and they will give me the pass and a beanie with propeller with a card attached to the side that says PRESS on it. How about a FEZ that has PREZZ in gold lettering across the front?

6 comments:

joe ackerman said...

ok, who's the chick with the gun supposed to be? 'cause I want to marry her. now.

Kal said...

Video game vixen Laura Croft and if you knew what kind of trouble she goes in search of then you might want to settle down with a nice local girl.

M. D. Jackson said...

Back when I was the host of an SF radio show I used to get press privileges and attended many conventions and the costumes were usually one of the highlights of the event (right up there with the buffets and the piano lounges)

But I have to say that in the intervening years the costumes have been kicked into overdrive. I would love to go to ComicCon just to watch the costume parades.

Kal said...

One generation inspires the next to do better and once you get the rush from the attention your costume gets, how can you not want to work hard to get it again? Plus it is full to pretend to be these characters.

DrGoat said...

I like the superchick with a cigarette. My kind of babe.

Kal said...

I couldn't even tell she had a cigarette so you must have studied that cute girl up close.