Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Cape

This series is airing it's pilot on Sunday. I am all over this one for the high concept and the fact that it has my most favorite character actor Keith David in it. I will watch anything he is in just to hear him speak. Of course it appears that he dies in the pilot which makes sense - why should I get anything I want?

I know Summer Glau is in this one too and she IS the black widow kiss of death for genre shows like this but let's hope that someone, somewhere killed a chicken and took the voodoo curse off her.

It would be funny if it wasn't so true because you know I am not the only one who thinks this about her. I can hear the conversation now between the producer and the casting director - "I love Summer but can we really take the chance?"

I like how this show has a sense of humor and doesn't take itself too seriously. Let's hope that this is the right combination of elements to be a success for all us superhero fans.

4 comments:

Jeremy [Retro] said...

i am in for this, as long as it doesn't kill "chuck" and martin klebba is in as well.. i hope summer is not just jinxed.

iZombie

Wings1295 said...

I am interested in it, as well. Will give it a shot.

Kal said...

That's all we can do. Plus it's more Kieth David. Doesn't get better than that.

Mike D. said...

You son of a bitch... I can't take having to share a brain with you!!!! Keith David is one magnificient mofo!!! I LOVE that dude, and was going to watch this show just for his presence alone. Damn you Cal... Get outta my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!