Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Shouldn't Sleep


I just woke from a dream where I had to text on a handheld device to get my truth out to the world. WORST FUCKING NIGHTMARE EVER! Give me serial killers that invade my mind when I sleep any day of the week. Communicating with just my thumbs is a torture worse than water boarding.

I just acquired the full first year of the show 'Men of a Certain Age' which I understands is about middle aged guy bitching about their lives. This seems perfectly relevant to my interests right now. I complained plenty as a young man but as the years go by I am pretty sure that I will become quite insufferable with my bitching. Aren't you glad you stop by every now and then?

I now understand why the gods keep me alone. The Universe has it's reasons for everything.

That image at top is an award I just received from Jeremy over at iZombie. I am impressed to have earned an honorary mention at a site that explores the various zombie/horror sites out in the blogosphere. I feel pretty honored to have cut through the clutter and stood on my own since that is not often something I write about. Thanks buddy.

(If you have a copy of the great header you did for me awhile back I would appreciate having another copy before I go on a search through my archive - I lost the original when my previous computer crashed and it was so good that I want to put it into rotation as a go-to image when I talk about my site. I don't want you to think it doesn't stand proudly with the other headers I have had made for me because it most certainly does. Thanks for being a friend of the 'Cave of Cool for as long as you have been.')

3 comments:

Paladin said...

THANK YOU ...

So it's *not* just me. I don't get the allure of texting either. If I want or need to contact someone I'd rather just dial the phone, talk, and then hang up. My Wife and Daughter drive me nuts with the texting back and forth all evening. Peck-peck-peck. Pause. Peck-peck-peck-peck. Pause.

Sheesh...

Of course, my dislike of texting partially stems from the fact that it takes me 20 minutes to thumb type "See spot run" - but that's beside the point.

M. D. Jackson said...

Texting is something I don't understand. I strive for clarity not brevity. I will often go too far and write too much to make a point (and sometimes I write forever and don't come anywhere near a point) so trying to be understood, to be subtle, is not something that I can manage with the great lumbering digits with which I am saddled.

That is another reason I hold twitter in disdain. How can I express everything that's inside my head in only 140 characters? I need more! I need to stretch out... to roam...

"Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above..."

Kal said...

M.D. - how dare you enter my mind and write exactly what I believe about texting. It's lazy. It's stupid. It's worse that me trying to finish a person's sentences in my head while talking to them. No one can perfectly capture a thought in so few characters so it's all balloon juice.