Tuesday, January 4, 2011

'Salt' With Milla - Think About It


By placing these two posters on his list of movies that he didn't mind seeing in 2010 Brother May finally solved a nagging question for me.

Since having seen 'Salt' with Angelina Jolie myself, I was left wondering what was wrong with it and what one thing could have turned it from a movie that annoyed me to a movie I would have enjoyed so much more than I did. I mean, all the elements were there for a great political action thriller franchise. It just left me cold. Angelina Jolie just left me cold.

I finally see the one element it needed. It should have starred Milla Jovovich instead and I am not just saying that because I am a fan of Milla and not of Jolie's. Jolie is just too distracting by her real life fame (like Tom Cruise) to ever convince me that she is anyone other than an actress playing a part.

Sorry Angelina, you can't be great at everything.

2 comments:

Nomad said...

If they make a sequel, you might see her. Just think this movie had Cruise originally cast as Salt.

Kal said...

The quote the Grand Vizier from the movie 'Golden Voyage of Sinbad' - "That thought constantly torments me."