Thursday, July 7, 2011

Admiral Fluffy Von Scootchie-Balou


There are times when I forget to mention that I live with an incredible cat. Though he was born in a barn, he has risen to become a master of human/kitty communication.

With just a slight alteration in pitch, his meow(s) can signal many needs and emotions. He has his hungry cry, his bored cry, his 'I am tired leave me alone' cry, his 'pay attention' to me cry, his 'give me a brush' cry and his 'do the one thing you are good at and open this front door for me' cry.

He's a simple cat with simple needs. He just has needs 24/7.

I realized who really was in charge this morning when I was startled awake by a series of short meows. What could be wrong? Maybe the house was on fire and my brave kitty had dragged me as far as he could until fatique and smoke inhalation had stopped his heroic efforts.

Firt of all if there is a fire, I suspect him of lighting it. The Admiral is a real fire bug. Loves fire. Loves the way it moves. Don't light a candle near him or you will be cutting hardened wax off his fur. I know of what I speak.

However, this time the 'emergency' was something like him seeing a dragonfly on window and needing to go outside, right now, to get him. Like he ever caught anything in his life. No, he caught a cold once. A cold! A cat!

I love that fluffy retard.

7 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

You can take the cat out of the barn but you can't take the barn out of the cat. lol

DrGoat said...

We love our emotionally challenged cat too. The other day he right right into the glass door chasing, what I'm sure was an imaginary creature. Cat colds happen occasionally. I've been told sneezing cats are not good, but I've had cats that sneeze, and they're fine.

Booksteve said...

Best. Cat. Name. Eveh.

Sarah said...

Anyone who says animals don't have emotions or souls have obviously never spent a lot of time around one getting know them.

Like your Admiral Fluffy, I can tell the difference between my Alabama Mae's meows just as if she were speaking English. I love when I can change her meow from a cranky one to her lovey one.

Kal said...

Fluffy has started to purr a lot in the past six months, something he never did before. And it's loud motorcycle purring too. You can hear it across the room.

Daisy said...

He's a handsome boy!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Admiral Fluffy is a handsome cat indeed.