Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Art Of M.D. Jackson


No reason why I can't highlight two bloggers today.

M.D. Jackson is the genius behind the header at the top of this page. I gave him a broad outline of what I was looking for with my commission and then let him do his thing. I knew that he knew enough about me by that point in our relationship that he would come up with something great. I think everyone will agree with me that he did.

I needed a steampunk look and he invented one for me that is exactly the image I wanted to present. In this manner, MD's contribution to the mythology of the 'Cave of Cool' cannot be equaled. Thanks for adding to what makes the 'Cave' so cool, buddy.

Here are several examples of his art that I plucked from the various sites where he showcases his work. I enjoy watching him unveil each new piece as he creates them and I especially enjoy seeing his technical skills jump in leaps and bounds with each creation.











http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons_portfolio/

http://michaeldeanjackson.blogspot.com/

http://mdjacksonart.weebly.com/

6 comments:

Indiephantom said...

I love any artist who can draw women this hotly. It's a great banner for your blog.

Belle said...

I love your banner and he is a great artist.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thanks to his artistry, you've got the best blog banner on teh interwebz!

Kal said...

You are so right Debra. He really gave a face to the story of the 'Cave of Cool' and helped me focus my mythology. I love the kitties and their jackets. It's one of a hundred little touches that make this piece so special to me. Becca did an awesome job getting me too as did Jeremy several times. Wait till you see the suprises I have to show now that kittyzilla has finished my commisions and mailed them to me.

Simon B said...

Good call, Cal! Mike's a great artist and a genuinely nice guy. I love his work... and your blog, of course...

Drake said...

Fantastic artist!