Wednesday, July 13, 2011

But It's Such A GOOD Story


I was thinking about the date Mila Kunis agreed to go on with the Marine Corp Sgt. It will be a magical date. She will make him look like a god and he will treat her like she is the most important person in the world.

The dress she wears also must have some flow to it so that it moves when she dances or better yet, waltzes. Can't overlook a single detail here Mila. Think this through and do it right. Have your buddy Justin help you out here. You are gold now but this will make you platinum. Everyone will love you for taking this seriously.

I know some of you might think me a goof for stating or overstating that this will be a good thing for all of North American culture. In a world obsessed with celebrity and all it's evils, we finally get a good celebrity story. A real nice non-scandalous celebrity story. Real life that is as interesting as any fiction.

This is why soldier's fight. Not for country or ideology but for each other and the life they enjoy back home...and a big part of 'home' is a girl - this kind of thing happens everyday. The only difference is that this guy shot for the moon and he got a 'Yes'. It's the feel good story of the year.

I only bring this next bit up because it's a possible reality. What happens if this young soldier is killed in action between now and the November Ball? What kind of story does this become at that point? My god, I am thinking like Rupert Murdoch.

Hold it now. I was thinking about how much worse the Newscorp scandal could get and I realized that it's a short leap between stealing personal information to artificially advance a story and allowing murder to take place to cover one up. If I didn't know better I would say that Murdoch is orchestrating this whole thing from his private volcanic island lair. It's just the kind of story his paper used to really set their teeth into.

"As ye sow..."

Oh and Mila, to help you out I picked out three possible looks for your big night out. Which do you prefer?



1 comment:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Hm. I think the plaid and packing outfit might be a bit much. This is a military ball after all, the people who go to these deal with firearms just about every day and deserve a break from their norm for such a big night, I'd go with one of the other two.