Tuesday, October 4, 2011

This Was My Childhood Crack


Better and more pure than the TANG we would lick straight out of the container. I can taste these on my tongue even as I sit here and write about them. I wouldn't dream of leaving a convenience store without a few of these in my pockets.

There were a hundred empty ones in my toy box. Every action figure attacked a field of colorful mutated alien fruit when I played. I was fanatical about keep the contents of these containers totally dry and I never shared them with anyone lest they slobber all over the opening.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man i remember these! We would get these,Pixie Stixs,Giant Chewy Sweet Tarts and Dippin' Sticks. Talk about a sugar fueled youth lol.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

pixie sticks were intense. Loved the candy sweet tarts. The crunchy ones.

DrGoat said...

I remember Pixie sticks from the early sixties. Loved them. I also liked the little wax bottles with colored kool aid or something inside.

Belle said...

My grandkids loved these.

Mike D. said...

I loved them so much!!!!