Sunday, October 2, 2011

Yeh, Well To Me You Are STILL Batman, You Magnificent Fat Bastard



Robin - (Chris O'Donnell) "You don't know. Your parents weren't killed by a maniac."

Batman - (Val Kilmer)- "Yes, they were."


He was Batman, The Saint AND Doc Holiday. Get off his back our I will give you such a pinch. I tell anyone who gets on me about my weight that I am getting into character for a movie. Okay, only my mother gets on my case and she doesn't get the joke but that's not my point.



"500 dollars? Must be a peach of a hand."

His Doc Holiday is the biggest robbery of an actor deserving of a Best Supporting Actor Oscar in movie history. Check out the guys who were up for the Oscar for that year. Were any of them better than Val was in 'Tombstone'?

Supporting Actor:
TOMMY LEE JONES in "The Fugitive", Leonardo DiCaprio in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?", Ralph Fiennes in "Schindler's List", John Malkovich in "In the Line of Fire", Pete Postlethwaite in "In the Name of the Father"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

He also played Madmartigan and married beautiful actress Joanne Whalley. Not bad at all.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

AND... he did a great job channeling Jim Morrison. Remember Real Genius??

csmith2884 said...

I like him, but supporting actor..err yes all of those were better than him in Tombstone.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I disagree. Val's performance blew them all away. Tombstone was a big movie full of big performances and he electrified when ever he was on screen. So much more of an impact than the other five. Sorry. I stand by this one.

DrGoat said...

Val was great in Tombstone. His Jim Morrison was also underrated.....but I'd have to say Ralph Fiennes did a just a good of job portraying a character so well, he became that character absolutely. This is taking nothing away from Kilmer. They both deserved an award.

csmith2884 said...

Hated Tombstone loved Wyatt Earp? Maybe that's it. Tombstone came across so MTV does a western to me. That being said I watch it when ever I see it on. So any western is good. Have you seen Spartan with Val? I liked that too.

csmith2884 said...

Also we could have a CCCoC screening of all those movies and it would be time well spent. It was a good movie year.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I am on a Tombstone kick these days. VAL VAL VAL

Kelly Sedinger said...

That was just an amazing year for supporting roles. Any one of those could have legitimately won, and ditto a bunch (like Kilmer's wonderful turn as Doc Holliday) that weren't even nominated. I can't quibble with the result (Tommy Lee Jones's performance in The Fugitive is what makes that movie work so well), but I couldn't honestly quibble no matter WHO won that year. 1993 was just terrific for movies.

csmith2884 said...

Well that solves that, since Jaquandor and I are in New York and Cal is in Canadastan, we have to have the movie screenings here. I offer up the 52" screen and 5.1 sound, but what do I do with the kids?

Set the wayback machine to 1993, goodboy,sherman.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

What? They children can't be taught to serve? Keep my drink filled? Sounds like trainable labor to me. Damn, I impersonate The 'Clause' one day and I am already exploiting little people.

The Flying Dachshund said...

He was also the voice of KITT in the newer version of Knight Rider... While I'm sure not many want to remember that show, being the voice of KITT is still kind of cool...