Sunday, October 2, 2011

You Don't Have To Be Canadian To Like This Show - But It Helps



We are pretty much the coolest country to be on this planet, ever. Really, look at what is on our TV. What you got that is better that this? I have FOUR words for you 'TOEPICK' and FORWARD DEATH SPIRAL.

This week was PASSION week. There was skating and passion and passion and skating. I have decided that if I have to save ONE thing when the meteor hits, it will be a female Russian figure skater.


THIS Russian figure skater. Even her name sounds like music - Violetta Afanasieva. Opps, now she's done it. She done gone give me the vapors. She was raised in a Russian Circus family. I just doesn't get much better than that.





Oh and the two hosts are Kurt Browning and Ron McClean - two local boys and when I say LOCAL I mean down the street local for McClean and Kurt's home town an hour away.


Jamie Sale, who was on the show for the first two seasons was a local home town girl too before she won the gold medal at the Winter Olympics with her THEN husband David Pelletier who was her partner back then and who is the male skater in the pair I showcased. I KNOW. You can't make this shit up. We are all connected on the great skating rink of life.

I hope some of my followers from other countries will follow the link and seek this one out, if only to get a sense of something that is enjoyed here in the Tundra. We really are a terrific people.

http://www.cbc.ca/battle/index.html

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've watched Seasons 1 and 2 and am following this year too!

Chase March said...

There is something about this show that fascinates me. I hope people are watching it.

I know that it is meant to appeal to hockey fans, but I've never enjoyed hockey (strange for a fellow Canadian, eh Kal?)