Monday, March 12, 2012

100 Questions - The First Ten

1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.

Somebody Told Me - The Killers



Everybody Knows - Leonard Coen



Round Here - Counting Crows



Where Is The Love? - Black Eyed Peas



These Are Days - 10,000 Maniacs



Fast Car - Tracy Chapman



2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?

Any one of the great people I have met online. Some drinks and chicken wings on a sunny outdoor patio would be a terrific time. I have been told I am quite entertaining.

3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.

From 'Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins - "Let's Go."

4) What do you think about most?

Everything - truly everything.


5) What does your latest text message from someone else say?

I don't text. I spent to many years learning how to type like the wind - type as fast as I can think it. I served my time in Mr Chidobiac's typing class and I owe it to him and the Devil (who Mr C is currently teaching to type) to never communicate with just my THUMBS. I am not a monkey in a language lab somewhere. I can use HOME ROW like a concert pianist. I also don't own a cell phone so I don't message in that format. I don't use Twitter either. My short posts are like Tweets anyway.

6) Do you sleep with ____ or without ______ on?

tshirt and shorts - basically my daily wardrobe. Like a hobo I sleep in my clothing with a thin ratty blanket and a hundred pillows. My sleep procedure is a whole process that no one wants to hear about. I hate to sleep so when I do, I really need the perfect conditions - just like the delicate hothouse orchid that I am.

7) What's your strangest talent?

I can tell the phone is going to ring a half second before it does. Often I have enough time to say PHONE before it rings. Several times I would think about a person and they would call within the hour. I think I can sense when the electrical connection between phones is made. It's the lamest 'Spidey Sense' ever.

8) Girls.... (finish the sentence); Boys.... (finish the sentence)

Girls are magical. Boys need to believe that.


9) Ever had a poem or song written about you?

No, and that is not right.

10) When is the last time you played the air guitar?

Ten minutes ago but I usually lead sing because I have a beautiful voice.

http://evocativeinstabilities.tumblr.com/

7 comments:

Wings1295 said...

These are always fun!

DrGoat said...

1. I don't do Itunes so pick 2 Beatles tunes, 1 Steppenwolf, 2 Jimi Hendrix and 1 Dylan song.
2. Jack Vance, my favorite author. I hear he is a grouch, so I think I can relate to that. Like to meet you too.
3. I'm at work, so page 23, line 17 is.."Dry limestone hills in the south-central and near-west portions of Texas are the habitat of the Guajillo."
4. I have been thinking about my mortality a lot lately. That and artichokes, with melted butter and parsley.
5. Don't do text messaging. Ever.
6. I sleep with Tiki t-shirt and without shorts on.
7. My strangest talent is knowing what's in a person's heart regardless of what they are saying. That and I used to be able to roll a decent joint in about 10 seconds flat. (long ago)
8. Girls are lovely, boys need to be smarter.
9. No.
10. Last time I really played serious air guitar was in about 1974. I think it was a song by Yes.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

No one has ever written a poem about you? Oh no! Here's a haiku then:

Pillows piled up high
in the Cave of Cool fortress --
Fluffy and Cal snooze

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

See Doctor Goat, THAT is what I need. When you are being chased down by a zombie caravan you need someone who can roll up a doobie under pressure.

Deb, that was a sweet Haiku. I have to save it for the next time I get a picture wit da kitty.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

See Doctor Goat, THAT is what I need. When you are being chased down by a zombie caravan you need someone who can roll up a doobie under pressure.

Deb, that was a sweet Haiku. I have to save it for the next time I get a picture wit da kitty.

DrGoat said...

Give me a little practice and I'll be right up to snuff. I like that haiku too. Lovely.

Belle said...

It would be cool to have a 'Spidey Sense'. Great questions and answers.