Wednesday, July 11, 2012

All My Toy Collecting Has Lead To This Moment


I have a total inability to resist these action figure re-issues. I had and lost so much great stuff as a kid that I promised myself I wouldn't try to re-acquire what I had because once I started I would never be satisfied until I replaced EVERYTHING that I lost.

The price of getting a Six Million Dollar Man doll from the 70s in near mint condition with a nice original box isn't worth the search. Everyone on EBay will just poach and outbid me at the last moment. I am still kicking myself for leaving an Oscar Goldman with exploding briefcase online because I didn't want to pay 40 dollars for it at the time. Now I would pay twice that just to sniff the box.

Just pre-ordered the Steve Austin figure (who looks very pathetic- I want to be able to look through his bionic eye), Bigfoot, Oscar Goldman and the female Maskatron robot.


Several years ago Playing Mantis started re-issuing old toys from IDEAL. I have most all of the Captain Action figures and costume sets. I also have the Evil Knievel stunt cycle they did.





How great is the Dr. Evil figure? Big ass medallion and SANDALS?? If you are going to do evil in the world, you really need the right outfit.





I also like the look of these Battlestar Galactica Megos.



 

6 comments:

Wings1295 said...

That is awesome! I have a retro Steve Austin my Mrs. found. He sits proudly on a shelf, above a dozen or so Aquamen.

Kal said...

I would love to see a photo of your collection some time.

Wings1295 said...

A few years ago, The Aquaman Shrine showcased my stuff:

Aquaman Shrine

Scroll waaay down til you find my name!

spiderkev said...

Awwwwww,look at Bigfoots' cute lil' feet.

M. D. Jackson said...

I had the original Steve and the original Evel many many many years ago.

Kal said...

So did I. I even negotiated the worst trade in human history to grab control of my sister's Bionic Woman doll and her 'beauty' playset.