Thursday, July 5, 2012

By The Gods...It's Beautiful

On a day when the Universe made it difficult for me to accomplish my tasks, the Universe also delivered unto me a gift, an inspiration. Super-Duper Toy Box is one of the top toy collector sites on the Internet. Colin takes the best pictures to accompany the action figures he is adding to his collection. Like me he is a pack rat in search of his favorite characters. We share an understanding of what makes a particular action figure worthy of addtion to our collection. Most always it's the special effort that went into the design of the characters, their costums and accessories.

Lately I became aware that Brother Colin was also an artist. Visit his blog to see his beautiful pieces. I never knew he would add me to his body of work. You can't know how much I enjoy moments like this. I always feel strange in a world that often moves in ways I don't understand. To see that another person gets my inner superhero is a priceless gift to me. It encourages me to keep fighting for all the way I want things to be. To a group of you out there I matter and for that realization, I can't never thank Colin enough.

I also imagine that the golden eyeglasses on my face can form back into a Golden Helmet (Like Dr Fate) that allows me to survive, move and communicate in Space. Then it would retract when I am on a terrestrial environment. The glasses would be constantly updated with all the information I would meed from the Universal Information Link. Using information to fight the good fight against the evils of the Universe. If I do join the Guardians of the Galaxy, I would like to have my own sapling of King GROOT to carry around and would always make sure that my survival pouches had some Raccoon Treats for Rocket Raccoon.



Here's something different for me- fan art with a cyber mate in hero mode, our own Cal from the Cave of Cool. I've felt for awhile that Cal would be an interesting subject, and a month ago I got the idea from a pic on his far-out blog with the bearded one peeking through the band on his headphones. It looked as though he were wearing some kind of visor, somehow sparking the thought of our shared enthsiasm for the modern Gaurdians of the Galaxy. His beard, the whole Cave of Cool mystique, and the many renderings done of him by artists & fellow bloggers who read his frequent postings just lent itself well to my imagination. I spelled his name with a "k" like Kal-El/Superman, as he is sometimes adressed. I imagine Kal recruited by Peter Quill/Starlord to join the reunited team, using his cool wits and raygun (The Fridge) to help battle the dread Dormammu to the death at the North Pole! ...or Manitoba? Or where our new recruit was weaned by wolves in Northern Quebec? So much to work with here, People...


7 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Great post & an awesome pic, Cal! Amazing!

Kal said...

I am truly a blessed man to have so many great friends online.

DrGoat said...

That's 'cause you're one of the good guys. White cowboy hat not mandatory. Wear whatever hat you want.

Anonymous said...

That's very cool.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, that is an AWESOME portrait!

Unknown said...

That is super cool Cal!

So at what point did the fans start sending pictures and asking of autographs...I would love to know...so I can prepare for that gradual experience. :)

Kal said...

I was surprised by this one. I knew Colin did art but never expected to be honored in such a way. I am always amazed at the kindness of people in my life.