Monday, July 9, 2012

I Bought Jug Wine

Like some hillbilly I just went and bought me some wine without a cork. Just a screw-top between me and that fermented goodness. That is so low rent. And do you want to know the worst part? I was happy I didn't have to mess with my medieval cork screw. It's going to cut open my hand to the bone one day I just know it. I even went to the dollar store today to see if they had a corkscrew and they didn't. What the hell kind of dollar store has icepicks but no corkscrews? That's what you get when you go into the dollar store - heartbreak. It's never as good as you think it will be.


6 comments:

DrGoat said...

There are some great wines with screw tops nowadays, or so I hear. Not like Annie Greensprings or Boone's Farm. When we were young, MD 2020 was the stuff we longed for. Good ole MadDog.

Unknown said...

Nothing wrong with some fine screw cap wine. : )

shezcrafti said...

I'm a connoisseur of cheap wines. I'm all about the $5 (or less) per bottle brands like Arbor Mist & Sutter Home. Franzia aka wine-in-a-box? Hell yeah. Gets you nice and buzzed and you can gulp it down like Kool-Aid.

Kal said...

You are right. You get to the point where it's all killing the same correct brain cells that cost doesn't really matter.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh dear. Next thing you'll be buying wine in a box.

Unknown said...

The box stuff is pretty amazing...and it has that green container. Environmentally friendly and delish it is practically god sent.