Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It Rains Because CALVIN Is Sad


Thank you Continental North America. All your atmospheric instability has created near tornado conditions for my part of the world. Look at that huge wheel of storm conditions being created by the collision of low pressures containing very hot air hitting the colder air coming down from the far north.


That wide blue strip is the storm zone and it runs right through my home town.

After five weeks of trying to eat well and exercise I am back to the weight I started at. I am very discouraged. I woke up today to stormy conditions and a wind that threatens to break apart the beautiful trees in my back yard. The elasticity of their branches are being fully put to the test today. I don't look forward to picking up the ones who can't make the cut.

Damn you evolution. You made it hard for me to lose weight because of my genetic make-up and you punish everything that can't bend with the wind. At the same time you allow me to move like a jungle cat...albeit a fat and comfortable zoo cat. I am a mess.

I felt so bad today to be wasting everyones time at the hospital. Dr. M and his staff are always so great to me and I let them down. The worst part is that I thought I was doing everything right. I had built myself up for good results...maybe even that glorious moment when I go under 300 lbs.

I you understood how much I have radically changed my lifestyle in the wake of my diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes you would feel bad with me. I NEVER have blood sugar levels that go beyond 8 on the ten point scale. I like to hover in the 6.5 - 7 range. That is when I feel mentally and physically the best. You would think that all that attention to detail would do SOMETHING about the overall mass of the fat Polar bear named Calvin.

Oh well. Back to the beginning. My life is one big game of Sorry!.



4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The most important thing about your diet and the lifestyle changes you've made is that they keep your blood sugar levels within normal range. You're succeeding very well in that and it's THE most important thing. They'll tell you that at the hospital too, I'm sure.

M. D. Jackson said...

Don't be discouraged, Cal! It will happen, just don't give up. It's hard, I know, but it will happen. Not overnight, certainly. It's taken me almost twenty years to go from my heaviest to the weight I am now, which is still fifty pound away from where I want to be.

It's never a straight downward progression. There are ups and downs but eventually the downs will outnumber the ups (I'm talking about weight gain/loss, here) and you will get to where you want to be.

And if your sad is making it rain then cheer, up, will ya! We're drownin' over here!

DrGoat said...

I wish I could send you some of my metabolism, I have the opposite problem. I've weighed the same for the past 35 years. I have tried to put on a little weight by eating like there's no tomorrow, and if I gain a few lbs., they are gone by the next day. Everybody gives me shit about it but I would love to gain a few lbs. I think you are doing great. Keep it up old bean, we need you around. Turn that Sorry into Candyland. Go into your toy sanctuary and look around. Looks like Candyland to me.

DrGoat said...

PS WE finally got some good rain here. Thanks for sending that down.