Friday, July 20, 2012

It's Always SOMETHING!! My Bat-Massacre Rant

I may be angry. I may get depressed. But I can't get my hands on a gun or tear gas canisters unless I GOOGLE it. The only difference between Canada and the US these days must just be the shipping costs. If I can order boner pills and weaponry online I should also be allowed to have medical marijuana shipped to me from some 'Pot of the Month Club'.

All that stuff he used to do harm was already LEGAL. I also am not motivated to hurt anyone because it seems like an awful lot of work.

Have you noticed that this guy never shot himself like these numnuts are oft to do after their rampages? Like Canadian serial killer, Luka, this guy was planning his 'moment' for a long time and will be soaking up all the attention. This is what Administrative Segregation in places like Pelican Bay were designed for. Toss this prick into the deepest darkest hole by himself and only let him meet with his attorney. Don't give him a chance to be a celebrity. We already have a ridiculously low standard for what passes for 'worthwhile' in this culture as it is.

I found it interesting that he apparently had booby-trapped his apartment but there was no KABOOM. Someone has a faulty 'Joker Complex' if you ask me. Oh and his Mother ratted him out but only AFTER THE FACT. Damn, Mom, there is protecting me and there is endangering everyone else. I love how family and friends are NEVER surprised when someone like this snaps. I often wonder if it would be easy for me to fall of the edge of the world like that. I am hardly supervised for my own good.

This reminds me of what my Dad always said after incidents like this - "You can't tell when someone is going to go off their nut. Just try not to be next to them when they do."


3 comments:

Sam G said...

Very well said Cal.

Anonymous said...

During the weeks leading up to this, I would occasional post silly, goofy Batman stuff (and there is almost 75 years worth) with the caption "Top THIS, Nolan". It was just my cheeky way of dealing with the hype. Thursday, I wrapped that up by posting a series of clips from BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, topping it off with a comment about how I, as a lifelong Batman fan, considered that show the "definitive" Batman because of it's skill at mixing the dark with the light to create a well-balanced whole.
I didn't want to get into a fight with people about it, but yeah, I really hate the current state of Batman- not just Nolan's pretentious, joyless films, but also the nastyness and nihilism that has come to dominate the comic book version. The Joker as a mass-murdering serial killer and Batman as an unsympathetic jerk who's as much a sociopath as the criminals he fights. I don't like the endless, one-note UGLYNESS of it all.
Let me say this (and I cannot emphasise this enough): The killer was a ticking time bomb. He was going to go off somewhere, sometime; and if he'd never HEARD of Batman, he would have still ended up committing SOME atrocity or other. Christopher Nolan did not CREATE this guy.
Having said that: He didn't do it at THE AVENGERS, and he didn't tell the cops he was Loki.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

really, really sad