Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesdays From The Toybox - New To The Collection


The Marvel Select characters are the gold standard in action figure design for the happy consumer. This Hawkeye has great accessories and a photorealistic capture of the character from the movie. Glorious. He comes with a set that allows you to pose him multiple ways.


I have to go downstairs and take some pictures of my Earthworm Jim collection. It was one of the first toy lines I actively searched for on the Internet and through E-Bay back when it was a new thing. The cartoon was terrific and I can't imagine how the concept ever got past the production stage but there they are, in all their glory. Like The Tick, Earthworm Jim has a special place in my heart.



I want a whole force of them.


Another, more dark version of Hawkgirl. I love the black wings. Can never have too many Hawkgirls. I have most all the variations that have come out in the past decade.


An obsure Wonder Woman variation from an major Green Lantern comic event. Again with me it's the infinite variations of one of my favorite characters that drew me to this figure. You would think that for a character that spends most of her time IN SPACE that she would dress more sensibly but I don't make the rules, I only enjoy them.


Zombie Superman. 'nuff said.


Great piece for your Aquaman collection. He is of course Aquaman's brother and pretender to the Atlantian throne. He's really got family issues. Aside from Black Manta, he is Aquaman's greatest foe.

6 comments:

david_b said...

These look great, but the Hawkeye figure stinks. Not the figure, a fine representation of the film character, but the film rendition as well.

No mask, no color, it's just a guy with dark clothes and a bow and arrow set. Perhaps the sole mistake an otherwise AWESOME film had. The filmmakers could at least put 'im in blue/purple or something a bit more flashy.

The Marvel Legend figure is alright, the BEST rendition I've seen is Disney's Marvel Select fig from a few years back. I have him on my work shelf now.

Kal said...

I appreciate the fact that you can get these figures to scale with sets that can go together. Marvel Select does some sweet figures.

I had a similar problem with the unarmored characters in the Avengers movie. Why not give them SOME kind of protection. Iron Man could have provided them with something to protect their heads.

Unknown said...

I want to play :-)

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

love that G'nort!

shezcrafti said...

I used to be obsessed with Earthworm Jim. So much so that I once drew this shitty picture in middle school.

http://shezcrafti.com/wp-content/gallery/middle-school-drawings/earthworm-jim.jpg

Kal said...

We must have lived parallel lives shezcrafti.