Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Costume Of The Day - Jeebus The Potato Jesus


Oh dear. It looks as though this reveler has had his Jesus Halloween costume "restored." Instead we have one of these trending and hip costumes for this year's costume parties. As you know I choose to believe that she didn't 'ruin' anything but instead REVEALED a hidden image, maybe the only one in existence, of JEEBUS, the less know retarded brother of your Lord and Savior. I want to know why knowledge of JEEBUS was repressed after all this time. What does Potato Jeebus have to teach us all?


In case you are living under a retouched rock, this bit of cosplay is an ode to the 120-year-old Spanish fresco of Jesus that an elderly woman restored defaced to what ended up looking like a pixel-pushing party with the smudge tool in Photoshop. Rookie mistake. An even greater vote for humanity: the botched Jesus mural is now probably more famous than most properly cared for Christly renderings. People. LOL.

 
Thanks to Deb for tossing this gem my way.
 

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I knew you'd love it!

Kal said...

You know me too well. Have you any single friends with low self esteem so we can meet one day? I would hate to show up with a date.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Botched Fresco Jesus is the poster child for a world connected by the Internet and Twitter. There is no way something like this could have even become so big if it were just a side story in a newspaper. It just continues to baffle me how such a relatively small flub can still be receiving global attention.

The last time I remember seeing a piece of art get this much attention was the Obama "Hope" poster. I wonder if any ambitious artist has thought of combining those two together.

Kal said...

I am sure I will see that HOPE poster any day soon.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

You're right, that didn't take long at all.

http://obamiconme.pastemagazine.com/profiles/illustratorerik