Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Killdozer - The Comic Reviewed




I have discussed my unlimited love for both the short story, movie and comic version of the KILLDOZER story. It's goofy enough on it's own to gain my love but I have a personal connection also. It was the movie that I was watching with Tara Crandal the night I tried to kiss her for the first time.

Brother Erik sent me this video of some goober doing a review of the comic book. After ten seconds I wanted to turn it off and you will too but I encourage you to stick with it. I actually got used to his delivery style and as it turned out, he does a pretty hilarious review of what makes this particular comic so gloriously craptastic.


 


Now someone has to do the same thing with my second favorite - It - The Living Colossus.

 

3 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I'm glad you gave it a chance Kal!

I did not know that "It: The Living Colossus" was also a movie. Between "It Conquered the World", "It Came From Outer Space", "It Came From Beneath the Sea", "It: The Terror From Beyond Space", Stephen King's "It" and the Addams' Family Cousin, I think "It" outdoes "Thing" as the most common monster name.

I found a feature from '67 with Roddy McDowell called "It!" with reference to a living statue in the synopsis. Is that the "It" you're after?

Kal said...

I check out everything you send me. Never let me down yet. That IT is just a comic and for me, my favorite comic cover of all time. The image just dominates the page.

Mike D. said...

I loved Killdozer...I have two issues of the comic...both missing value stamps...shit!!! But I will obtain another
The Movie is awesome. remember the part where the guy hides in the tube? lol!!! I saw it at 12:30 am once when I was a wee lad ( Like I was ever wee! ) Never saw it again. Thanks for providing the whole film!