Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Only Thanksgiving That Matters Is Canadian Thanksgiving

 
It's the same with Canadian Football. We just do it better.
 
Any turkeys left over once we are done with them will go to American Thanksgiving. They are just not good enough to make the cut when it comes to the REAL fall feast. I am not making a turkey this year because it will take me a week to eat it.  But if I get one of those crows in the back yard there will be squab on the menu. I will have perogies, however. Can't do the day without perogies.
 
I should JUST make mushroom stuffing because what is better than the stuffing?? I can make a sammich with stuffing the day after Thanksgiving. Since Ross on 'Friends' added the 'moisure maker' to his turkey sammich I have been addicted to that very lunch in the week after the big meal.
 
Do you have the food on your Thanksgiving plate separated by type or is everything mashed together. I knew a guy who would eat one bite of everything in a clockwise order around his plate. At the end he would be left with one piece of everything and each bite was the same size. It was a bizarre but fascinating process to witness.
 
As a kid I didn't want anything like beets that bled juice into my mashed potatoes or stuffing. I like the salad to be in the middle of the plate so that I can add some to everything I taste. It's the only time of year when I am so regimented about what I stuff into my face. Usually I prefer to balance food on my arm and head than bother with a plate.

And what is it with pumpkin pie? If you had your choice of any flavor pie I think that most would choose apple, cherry or pecan before pumpkin - even with extra Cool Whip. Where do you fall on the age old argument?


I think I will also do some posts on what I personally am thankful for in my life tomorrow. Seek out the turkey banner to be a part of the madness and share with me in the comment section.

 

4 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

We're going out just now to pick up a Thanksgiving dinner. Our daughter can't come home from University so we were just going to do KD or weiners and beans. But at the last minute we decided to do up something different. So basically whatever is left over at the grocery store will become our Thanksgiving dinner.

Wish us luck!

Kal said...

Why do I imagine you just having cranberry from the can and a few stalks of rhubarb?

KD with weiners or beanie weinies is the food of the gods.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You're absolutely right, Cal. Canadian football and Thanksgiving KICK ASS! Enjoy your squab.

Kal said...

He got away...I think he had help from inside. I can't trust any other bird in this whole damn neighborhood.