Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Loose Figures Destined For The Display Case Of Cool


 
 
I have been collecting up all my loose action figures (which fills up two tubs) because I have finally decided to get around to displaying them properly with proper glass cases. When I first got into toy collecting again in my early 20s, I opened about the first fifty or so packages that I bought. But after seeing how pitiful they looked on only two bookshelves, I decided to not open anymore boxes and display the figures complete with all their accessories, mint in box. I just think they display better that way. But my loose figures are in great shape and deserve to be seen together. It is also fun to go back and see exactly what treasures are in those plastic tubs.



 
















I really want to fix up this old ring case that rotates so you can see each figure on each level. I would like to have a level dedicated to different lines like the Batman and Superman figures from the animated 90s cartoons.




5 comments:

Combo said...

I admire your collection of rings and this Batgirl statue looks always nice on the shelf. But I think the focal point with your entire collection are these 90's toys inside this carousel-like display case. Hopefully you'll be able to fix it.

The King of Thessaly said...

I am SO jealous of your Phantom figure! I see you have the theater-exclusive movie ring too! I have two of those. THING RINGS DO YOUR THI-er, no- I mean: SLAM EVIL!
I'm also jealous of you Legionnaires Flight Ring.

Absolutely display everything! No point in owning it if you don't. -At least that's my approach to collecting. I know people who just have SO MUCH STUFF they have boxes and boxes packed away- and it's just like- if you are not enjoying it; you don't really need it, do you?

Unknown said...

I want to go and visit the Cave of Cool now!

Kal said...

You are welcome anytime John.

King, that is my plan. I don't want to hide my stuff away. Those loose tubs will be a nightmare to go through and match up all the accessories with the right figure but that will be fun too.

Kal said...

I love that ring case. It lets you put about 36 figures with their accessories and spin it around to view them.

I love the idea of keeping the 90s figures there.