Sunday, July 6, 2014

This Actually EXISTS?? The Krull Pinball Machine

 
One of my favorite guilty pleasures is the film KRULL. I can't believe that someone actually created a pinball machine based on the property. I am a fan of these games because for an old fellow like myself, they were what passed for video games back then. I remember going with my Dad to the Jr. Ranks club on Sunday afternoons. I would have my little orange soda and change for the pinball machines. I got pretty good for an eight year old. Luckily by my teens we had stand-up arcade games like Galaga, Frogger and Donkey Kong to enjoy. I still enjoy wasting an hour with a drink and a shiny pinball machine when you can find one in a bar. Most have been replaced by VLT machines. One of my collecting dreams is to have a cool pinball machine in my collection. I wouldn't hate this one at all. Only ten were ever made. I appreciate the owner showing the game in action.
 
 
 
 
 
 


http://screenburn.kotaku.com/krull-pinball-table-1600799123

And if you have forgotten the greatness of the original feature, here is the trailer. I remember seeing this one in theatre then going to see it again on Two Dollar Tuesdays. Then I watched the crap out of it once it went onto the movie channels that started up in the late 80s. It was a weekend staple for many years. If you have never seen it, it's worth your time if you are a fan of such goofy adventure tales. And anyone that says there is a cooler weapon than the GLAIVE has got an argument with me.






This is my favorite genre of movies. A group of mismatched individuals go on a quest to fight an unspeakable evil. Not all of them will live until the end, especially if they are a favorite or fun character but in the end GOOD vanquishes EVIL and a happy ending is had by those who survived.


 
 

3 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

They had one at the arcade in the mall (in Monroe) when I was young......

Mike said...

I would love to play that machine. That looks really cool

Brian said...

Dammit, I wanted toys!