Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A Personal Message From Calvin

I know this is going to sound a bit pathetic but I have followed Danielle's blog for many years. She was one of the first people I left a comment for and she answered me back. She was always very kind to me and made it easy for me to lay my brand of support on her. I always tried to remind her of all the reasons she is remarkable. And the truth is it's NOT a lie to say that about her. She is an accomplished chef and won award in her school classes. She plays guitar and sings like a bird. I say that as a fan and a friend. She answers me back and makes me feel a little less like a Gargoyle. That is a gift that not some many people bestow upon my life. So to me, she is a special person.


So when I saw that her boyfriend Kieran has proposed to her while they are on their East coast vacation, I have to admit I giggled like a little school girl because I feel like I know this person. I have never met her but I have followed her life. Like it's own TV show starring this girl named Danielle. This was just another happy chapter in her life to make up with days that were not so memorable or fun. In other words, her life and search for happiness mirrored the one we all have but her take was unique and I for one will be here as long as she continues to share.

So congratulations to two people who remind me that love and kindness combined with sarcasm and distain for evil tend to create people that are worthy of their happiness. I am very happy that the man who knows her best and still adores her most will be her husband. Another pair who will rule the world given half a chance.


 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats to the happy couple! Nice ring!

Jeremy [Retro] said...

Well there will always be an open door at the Cave I am sure, if they ever need a place to stay...

DrGoat said...

Hope they have fun while they are together. His haircut though.

Unknown said...

I love good news.