Monday, July 6, 2015

Think I Am Getting Catfished Again

I will try to keep her on the line longer this time.
 

 
If you are looking for a very interesting documentary on the subject you can't do better than Catfish. It's the flip side of social media. The dark and hurtful side. There is nothing more pathetic than someone who pretends they are someone they are not online. I would rather tell the truth and not have to remember my lies. Plus I want someone to like me for me...all of me and my faults, which are numerous. I met such a person several years ago and I will tell the story sometime when I feel like talking about it. The girl above contacted me trying to be my friend. I was immediately suspicious. All her contacts are men who eventually send her messages that they can't contact her anymore. Too easy to spot this fake. At least make it harder for me to figure out.

 

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Has she asked you for money yet?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Just a kidney. Packaging it up now.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

She might just be one of the ones who needs a friend which is the last thing I need.

j-swin said...

Dudes pretending to be chicks are the worst, that's why I only answer emails from Nigerian Princes. Those poor souls and their frozen accounts....

msmariah said...

Internet catfishing is cruelty at its worst. Sorry that happened to you.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

The first time I was unaware so I just treated like a friend albeit a crazy one. This time I am challenging this person on everything so she won't waste time with me for very long.