Monday, July 6, 2015

We Don't Have These Stores In Canada

 
If you’re a collector, you know that some of the best, most coveted goodies can only be found at the big summer conventions. But what if you can’t attend the Cons? No problem! This year, starting on July 9, Barnes & Noble is featuring a limited number of shared convention exclusives online and in stores. While supplies last, pick up shared exclusives from Diamond Select Toys, Funko, and Titans. Limit is one per customer. The only way to get most of these collectibles is to attend the conventions or find them at Barnes & Noble.

That Wonder Woman above looks great but I will have to check her and the other exclusives out when they go online. Maybe I can order them from my computer at home. That would be very cool. But more than likely, Canada, like the third world nation that we are, will get shut out of the thrill of the hunt.

And here she is in all her glory. Dawn of Justice’s Wonder Woman as portrayed by Barbie will be coming out in the spring as part of Mattel’s Dawn of Justice line. While some might balk at the fact that the main bros of the film, Batman and Superman, get “action figures” while Wonder Woman gets a Barbie doll, think about it like this – she’s 12 inches tall, while Batman and Superman are only 6. Because she’s a FREAKIN’ AMAZON. I have zero problem with this.

 
If anyone happens to see these and can pick them up for me I will be forever in your debt, literally. I will pay for postage of course and add something special for your collection just for the trouble. Just trying to expand my reach with the seasons of exclusives beginning. I would ONCE like to pull off a really cool addition that I would never be able to get on my own due to shear geography.
 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That new Mattel line might be available in Canada. Have you checked Mattel's website. And by Spring, do they mean Spring of 2016? If so, you've got a wait ahead of you.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Consider it done.

I'll keep an eye out for you here in Chicagoland.

Unknown said...

I'll keep an eye out for you here in Virginia. Personally, I'll be trying to track down the NECA Planet of the Apes 3-pack SDCC exclusive.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You must have an awesome Planet of the Apes collection by now. Now there is a post in that Brian.

Thanks Tim. She's so beautiful I have to ask and I never ask.