Tuesday, September 13, 2016

This Week From The POP CULTURE LEAGUE


Who doesn’t love gambling on a blind box or mystery package?

One thing you NEVER see on my blog is anything about the buying of BLIND BOX anything. I don't get this sale pitch. I don't get to know what I am buying so instead of getting ALL the characters I want, I have to take a GAMBLE with my money in the HOPES than I get what I want. What happened to the GUARANTEE that the figure you buy is actually the figure YOU WANT?

What do I then do with my duplicate figures? Trade with my equally stupid friends at the playground?

If I am the kind of person who likes to keep my figured UNOPENED then where do I find the joy in NEVER KNOWING what is inside the package. I would look of course but how could I DISPLAY both toy and box??

I hate BLIND BOXES as much as BUILD A FIGURES. They are the scourge of the collecting world.





 
Here's what the rest of the League thinks.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, it's like buying the Surprise Package off the White Elephant table. Hello? Am I the only old person around here that remembers those?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

They were a freakin nightmare. But I always brought something cool so I didn't look like a jerk and hope someone else in that group had some humanity as well.

The Toy Box said...

HERE HERE!!!! Preach on, brother man!

dwitefry said...

a new League post by the Cave, this is good, I've never posted a comment here before but I am quite fond of this here site. Personally I see the appeal and sense of blind bagged/boxed toys aimed at kids but I find it far less fitting for adult aimed lines. Of course the overall point - it makes people buy more than they would if they could see what was inside the bog/bag, still works perfectly and may work even better with adults who are more dedicated and have more money to spend with more control over how it's spent but that's y'know not an attitude I'd like the companies making these to have.

jester59388 said...

Isn't this basically the concept of trading cards made large? I buy a pack of cards -- got it, got it, got it, need it, got it, got triples, ... LOL. It's just a shitload more expensive. So you get a group together and swap your doubles!