Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Wednesdays With Wonder Woman
















 
 
 


 
Here’s the original concept sketch for Wonder Woman by H.G. Peter (circa 1941), including handwritten notes between the artist and writer William Moulton Marston:
  • "Dear Dr. Marston, I slapped these two out in a hurry. The eagle is tough to handle - when in perspective or in profile, he doesn’t show up clearly — the shoes look like a stenographer’s. I think the idea might be incorporated as a sort of Roman contraption. Peter"
  • "Dear Pete - I think the gal with hand up is very cute. I like her skirt, legs, hair. Bracelets okay + boots. These probably will work out. See other suggestions enclosed. No on these + stripes - red + white. With eagle’s wings above or below breasts as per enclosed? Leave it to you. Don’t we have to put a red stripe around her waist as belt? I thought Gaines wanted it - don’t remember. Circlet will have to go higher - more like crown - see suggestions enclosed. See you Wednesday morning - WMM."
The original drawing sold for $33,350 in 2002.
 
 

4 comments:

Tim Knight said...

Eclectic collection as ever, Cal

Infidel753 said...

These cosplayers do an amazing job. Is there some one site where you find all these pictures of them?

The seventh image is a tad in-your-face assocentric, however. I guess some comic-book artists didn't go for subtlety.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Did you watch the movie "Professor Marston and the Wonder Women"? It's a good film.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I forgot about it. I have it in my file. That is one I should watch today.

I follow many cosplay sites on Facebook that collect the best and I follow many of the best cosplay artists out there. I love the costuming that they come up with.