Monday, March 16, 2009

The Goon


Just when I think there is nothing geeky or comic booky for me to look forward too after the buildup that was Watchmen I see this CGI image from the GOON. Created by Eric Powell this is one of the best drawn and hilariously original comics to come down the pipe in a long time and now they are making a movie. I so hope they get it right because the situations and characters are so off the wall that the GOON himself is the sanest most stable character in his world. You want sucess as a storyteller? Give the crazy lines and situations to the co-stars or supporting characters and leave the title character as the only sane one in an insane world and you got yourself a hit. Seinfeld and Everybody Raymond proves my point. And who can't love those Little Orphan Annie eyes on the Goon's best pal Franky.



No comments: