Monday, April 13, 2009

Ouch...Sounds Like Someone is Pulling Water From the Well of Their Bitterness


"Creating your own blog is about as easy as creating your own urine, and you're about as likely to find someone else interested in it." -- Lore Sjöberg

I think often about blogging and I kinda feel sadness for anyone who is so insular that they can't appreciate the sharing of one's interests no matter how essoteric they may be. Its the same sadness I feel for anyone who can't appreciate popular culture (television, movies, comic books, toys, music ect...) after they reach a certain age. They reject those things that brought them joy in childhood merely because they reject the nostalgia or are embarassed by it. Blogging for me brings me into contact with individuals who poplulate an island that I am glad to be a citizen of and fills me with an appreciation for those parts that make me a unique and valued human. Its tough enough to find joy on this planet as it is so stop harshing my buzz and 'pass the dutchie on the left hand side'.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

trying to steal my thunder i see...

Unknown said...

the word verification for this one is "ration"...

Wings1295 said...

Agree with you totally, man. Some people are just grumpy or pissy or whatever and there is no changing them.

As long as you are hurting anyone, do what you want, how you want. Life is way too short to worry about people like Lore Sjoberg, whoever that is.

Wings1295 said...

See? This is why I should check my comments befoe running off and hitting publish.

Of course, I meant "As long as you AREN'T hurting anyone..."

... need more coffee ...

Bubbashelby said...

I like your blog.

I am also interested in your urine. I hear it glows in the dark!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It DOES glow in the dark. I keep in jars so I can find my way to the honey bees on those dark and stormy nights.