Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Darth, I Am Your Son!"


If I had any children this Father's Day gift would fill my eyes with tears its so beautiful. My own father totally bought into my love of action figures and not a birthday or Christmas went by (until he passed when I was 40) that he didn't find many great additions to give me for my collection. He loved to find those sets that contained multiple figures like the LOTR sets. When we lived in Europe he used his travel points every year to go back to Canada to make sure we got the best Christmas presents like my beloved Evil Knievel, Big Jim, GI Joe and Mego superheroes. The man had an eye for great toys. Its early but Happy Father's Day Dad. I feel bad for the rest of you because I had one of the great ones.

http://www.amazon.com/star-wars-Fathers-2-Pack-exclusive/dp/B000RLXJLY/

2 comments:

Bubbashelby said...

That is awesome - and a beautiful sentiment about your father too.

Wings1295 said...

Great memories of your dad, thanks for sharing. Sounds like he was pretty cool.

As for the Star Wars card thing - it's about freaking time someone realized they should market things like that for their (aging) fan base!