Thursday, July 2, 2009

Alice is Back Bitches!


Over at Topless Robot they have a story about a new 'Resident Evil' movie coming out called 'Resident Evil: Afterlife'. It is slated to be released September 17th 2010. I never played the video games so I can understand how disappointed many who did were with the three previous films. I was able to look at them for what they were and not what they were not. First of all they starred my beloved Milla Jovovich is all her ass kicking and high boot glory. They had zombies aplenty for her to kill and teams of characters who while completing their 'missions' would not all be likely to survive - just the kind of movies I can relax my brain and enjoy. They are still among my favourite guilty pleasures. So I am excited to see a whole army of Milla/Alice clones taking it to the stinkin Umbrella Corporation. Umbrella is the perfect evil corporation name and I enjoy them being the true bad guys. The zombies they created are just cannon fodder. 100 bad ass Milla's all with their own look and weapon skills slicing and dicing their way to the CEO? SIGN ME UP! Now this is over a year away so things can change but the franchise must have been somewhat successful to have spawned three movies that were released in theatres. I, of course, am still waiting for word that Milla herself is signed to the project. While I like many of the other female characters (in particular Sienna Guillory as Jill Valentine - she just LOOKED like a video game character) Milla is the main attraction for me and many many many Millas are just icing on the cupcake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Milla! She is such a natural beauty and all round cool person.:) I look forward to the next film.

Anonymous said...

Milla Jovovich is a goddess, I'll watch this no matter how terrible it is. (And I, for one, enjoyed the Las Vegas one...)

- Zac

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm Mila.