Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Frankly I Think You Got The Best End of the Deal


I love this story about how a man and his grandson intended to go to Sydney, Australia but ended up in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. Happens all the time. Here's a hint the next time you want to visit Australia. Canada is the country WITHOUT the kangaroos. Both are near water though. I would have thought the fact that you were getting on the plane with the large maple leaf of the tail would be a dead giveaway that you were going to need a sweater when you landed. Must be all that legal pot in Holland that messed them up.

Sydney, Australia


Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1205495/Dutch-grandfather-set-Australian-holiday-lands-Sydney--Canada.html

5 comments:

Phronk said...

Well they both have funny accents. I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference.

joe said...

So are you saying there are no kangaroos anywhere in Canada??? Are you sure???

Professor Chaos said...

I don't get how this could happen now that you have to go through all these security checks and show your tickets and ID to 10 different people, like you were crossing from West to East Berlin.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Well Joe there are no kangaroos running free. I am sure the zoos have many of them.

Wandering Coyote said...

I saw this story, too, and thought it was really fishy.

Yeah, we have the icebergs, too! Jeez.