Monday, September 13, 2010

Television Crap You Need To Avoid


I make it a habit every new television season to check out any new show that is remotely interesting to me. Sometimes I get burned and get into a show that doesn`t last very long (usually from FOX) but there is that rare occasion that I find a show that may have slipped by me and I find I really enjoy (The Closer, Castle).

This new television season is about to get started. In fact the new season of Survivor begins this Wednesday and its theme is Old vs Young. Are you freaking kidding me? Do I really want to hear old brittle bones snap on some isolated tropical beach in Central America? It`s going to be a bloodbath.

I hear ex-NFL Coach Jimmy Johnson will be on it and I just saw a commercial today where he pitches ENTENZE penis enlargement pills - again, are you freaking kidding me? As much as I don`t want to see old bodies on some isolated beach in Central America, I also don`t want to see old BONERS on some isolated beach in Central America. And what is it with a guy named JOHNSON pitching JOHNSON enlargement pills? Has the world gone crazy?

However, putting that aside for this minute I have to warn everyone out there to avoid possibly the worst show I have ever seen. That show used to be HOLE IN THE WALL but HITW was Shakespeare compared to MAD, the new animated show on the Cartoon Network.

The first episode was only a little more than ten minutes long but it felt like I was robbed of a week of my life. After perhaps the lamest AVATAR spoof you could imagine they tried to entertain me with cartoon clips from that much loved magazine from my childhood which now I feel embarrassed to have liked if this was the level of humor I exposed myself too. I want to punch the creators in the face MORE than I want to punch Justin Beiber in the face so that should give you some idea of the level of my disgust with this piece of crap half-show.

3 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Actually, yes, the world did go mad about 11 or 12 years ago (I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact moment yet). I'm really surprised that more people haven't noticed, but, you know, that's the way it is with madness.

So, you've been living in the funhouse for the last eleven years and you didn't even know it.

TS Hendrik said...

You make some good points with Johnson. Course I'm not really a survivor fan anyway but now you've given me extra reason to avoid. Possible boners are not something I want to see.

Kal said...

It was those wacky mirrors in the funhouse that confused me. Well that and the boners. (see what I did there? Genius...pure genius)