Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Friggin Christmas To Me


Just at the moment when I convince myself to have hope for my much beloved 'Fringe' to stay on the air due to its movement to the show killer which is Friday Night, I heard that my current favorite TV show, Stargate Universe will not get a third season.

For that, the executives as SCI/FY get the much desired CANADIAN CAVE OF COOL SILVER BULLET AWARD - don't worry. If you have more executives, we have more bullets you hamsters.

I suppose that is because good writing and character development pales in comparison to lame sitcoms like 'Two and a Half Dorks' that pays it's spoiled dickhead of a star a cool million dollars an episode.


What the hell Sci/Fy network? I stood up for you and your bad monster movies and how do you return the favor? You allow me to believe that you could be he AMC of exciting well written character driven science fiction shows. Now you are just another corporate piece of crap. I want the heart you took from me and broke returned immediately.



At least I still have 'Glee' and 'American Idol' to watch over at Fox, right. Surely no one will deprive me of those because lame kareokee contests and flawlessly staged high school musicals are SO what I want to see at this time in my life.

I better check TLC quick to see if my little people and cake shows made by families with 20 kids are still safe. I would hate to miss when Mr Duggan and his puppy mill for a wife the chance to go shoot moose (plus the latest moose she pops out of her Pez dispenser of a uterus) in 'Sarah Palin's Alaska'.

Fuck, I don't even have crap catching shows to watch anymore. 'Castle' and the 'Mentalist' do the exact same show every week and are getting too cute for words and how the hell David Caruso (the worst actor int history of TV) stays on TV proves there IS a Devil and he has made a pact with it.

All the procedurals have to get so outlandish because they have run out of crimes to break down and solve that is has become laughable.

Fuck you TV. We are broken up for good and now it's time for me to go cry into my big TV shaped pillow.


While I do that I am sending a judgement bear into your studios to mess with production staff, most specifically network executives who make these asshole decisions. Don't say I haven't warned you before.

7 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

That is the heartbreak of any who love quality writing in a world ruled by lovers of crap TV.

I won't give up completely on SyFy though. Unless they do away with the traditional new years Twilight Zone marathon. If that ever happens, I'll fly bears in myself.

Budd said...

I hate syfy. I really do. I remember calling my cable company years ago and requesting that they carry Scifi and delighting when my suggestion was acted upon a month later. Now I wish I could call and have them remove the channel.

M. D. Jackson said...

Don't give up hope. SGU could get picked up by another network. It has happened before and I can't believe the producers will give up so easily.

As for quality police shows, I have two words for you: New Tricks.

(hint: it's British and you'll have to download, but each episode is a little gem)

csmith2884 said...

Good tv is out there you just have to turn a lot of rocks. I am really into "Mercy" right now...yet another show too well written to make it.

Kal said...

I like Mercy like I liked Trauma but haven't seen Mercy on in awhile and I know Trauma is already gone. Thanks MD for trying to cheer me up bur I am too hurt to like another show this soon.

Kal said...

I went back to an old favorite for tonight - Desperado - Banderas, Hayek, Rodriquez. That is soul comfort food for me.

Wings1295 said...

I am hoping Fringe is the exception to the Friday rule. X-Files gained some audience there before moving on. I bet Fringe can either survive or thrive. At least, in some dimension.